Day 28 (Friday) - At LEAST one rainbow
Following the #buytheseguysabeer drive on the Day 18 post, Jackie and Poeletso chose to spend their reward buying sweets for the kids in their neighbourhood.
These kids were demanding more than crisps, however, and when they learned about our project, they let us know that they are entitled to "at LEAST one rainbow painting" on the wall of their hospital.
Clearly they know their rights 🌈...and have seen the shocking state of the paediatric consultation room at Tintswalo.
In response, Jackie and Poeletso agreed to use the leftover paint and plaster to spruce up the dilapidated (and scary) paediatric consultation room.
Here's Jackie scaling the walls of the room to get to the bottom of the "great Tintswalo door mystery".
(Six doors for one single room... 🤦🏼♀️. Even seasoned doctors here accidentally use the wrong doors...They need to go...)
We call on you again for some 💰funding 💰 to brighten up the place with "at LEAST one rainbow"
1) Buy coloured wall paint (USD 200) --> one of our doctors is a bonafide BA-diploma'd artist and will be volunteering her weekends to paint the murals.
2) Buy partitioning and divide the room into two (USD150)
3) Buy plaster board and seal off the extra doors (USD 100)
4) Remove/fix the sinks (USD50, plumbers on site)
5) Reupholster the consultation bed (USD30)
Go on...donate...the after photos will be pretty spectacular...